- Senior Service Designer
- Permanent role at an organisation with an award-winning culture that values diversity and inclusion
- Hybrid working environment with flexibility options
Water provides essential water supply and sanitation services to over 2 million
people who live and work in the northern and eastern suburbs of Melbourne. We see a bright future that starts with
people. Our award-winning culture fosters an inclusive, collaborative work
environment and provides the development opportunities, flexibility and support
that enable high levels of achievement and personal satisfaction.
and exciting Digital Enablement Plan supports the delivery of our 2030 Strategy
and will transform us into a modern, adaptive, and scalable digital utility
with user experience at the centre. This is a perfect time to join us as we
move into the delivery phase and put in place a range of technologies, both IT
and OT, including major platforms such as Salesforce, Arwin and ServiceNow,
field - based sensors including digital meters and the analytics to leverage
the value of the data they return. These new technologies combined with our
transition to Cloud Services will transform the way we work and the way our
customers and community experience our services.
Participate as a Senior Service
Designer in the CX Division of Yarra Valley Water. Under the direction of the
Head of Service Experience, manage and deliver design thinking and service
design practices making use of design research to develop human-centred
services that optimise customer and employee experience and help the business
achieve its strategic objectives.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Identify opportunities to apply human centred service design approaches to optimise customer and business value
- Design end-to-end products and services, from discovery to synthesis and ideation through to design, prototyping, design delivery, sustainment and improvement
- Provide guidance, monitor and assist other design team members to follow the service design and delivery process where necessary
- Develop, articulate and champion a design and customer led approach to various programs of work, uplifting customer experience to current/evolving needs and delivering business value
- Lead, manage and design primary qualitative and quantitative customer experience research to generate customer insights
- Direct contribution to business strategy, including digital and ongoing inclusion of the customer voice Influence and inspire key stakeholders to dig deeper into customer understanding and perspective and challenge the status quo
- Communicate effectively, build rapport, manage and consult with senior internal stakeholders to understand their challenges and objectives, and prioritise to drive key customer outcomes.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Bachelor / Master of Design preferable but not essential
- Minimum 5 years’ experience leading the design of human centred service experiences
- Experience in services/service systems or product design
- Experience within public sector is highly regarded
- Joining an employer of choice with an award-winning culture
- Home office set up allowance
- Flexible working arrangements considered
- Generous personal leave entitlements
- Training and development opportunities
- Onsite canteen and fitness group
- Free flu vaccinations
- Social events, skill-sharing and networking opportunities
further information please click HERE to review the position
How to apply
Applications should include a supporting Cover Letter and Resume.
date: 07 July 2022
Yarra Valley Water is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive
workplace, and strongly encourages applications from all types of people, from
all walks of life. We believe diversity of thinking fosters innovation and
delivers better outcomes for our customers, and we value a workforce that’s a
match for our diverse community.
This position is available for Yarra Valley Water employees and external
Successful applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and agree to
provide information for pre-employment checks, if required for the position
(which may include police records checks).