- HR People Partner
- Join an organisation with an award-winning culture
- 12-month opportunity
Yarra Valley Water provides essential water supply and sanitation services to over 1.7 million people who live and work in the northern and eastern suburbs of Melbourne. As an industry leader involved in exciting and innovative service solutions, we are committed to delivering exemplary water and sanitation services that contribute to the health and wellbeing of current and future generations.
We’re passionate about delivering extraordinary outcomes. Our award-winning culture fosters an inclusive, collaborative work environment and provides the development opportunities, flexibility and support that enable high levels of achievement and personal satisfaction. Our long-term strategy includes a commitment to put customers at the centre of how we think, and what we do, and to adopt a restorative approach to looking after the environment. We’re for thriving communities, and our work environment is a match for our strategic commitments.
An opportunity has become available for an experienced Human Resources Professional to join the Yarra Valley Water team for a 12-month period. The HR People Partner will be responsible for providing specialist HR advice, coaching and support to relevant partners within the organisation regarding key people processes and policies.
With a high level of autonomy, this role will provide professional and proactive, business-focused Human Resources services to internal stakeholders that align with the business strategy and values through;
- Building strong stakeholder relationships based on credibility and open communication
- Strategic and operational advice provision
- Pro-active analysis, advice and support
- Managing and resolving complex employee relations issues (including investigations)
- Assisting with onboarding & induction requirements
- Providing guidance and direction on business unit restructures, job analysis and role design
- Providing input into workforce planning and succession planning
- Performance management guidance (including coaching and disciplinary actions)
- Working closely with Safe & Well to manage work related/non-work-related injuries and return to work plans
To be successful you will have;
- Tertiary Qualification in Human Resources or related discipline
- Sound knowledge of HR related legislation (including Fair Work Act / EEO)
- Strong understanding of the legal requirements and risks at each stage of the employment life cycle
- Solid experience dealing with and resolving complex employee issues
- Experience interpreting and providing advice based on Enterprise Agreements
- Knowledge of job analysis and role design
- Ability to build strong relationships with and influence senior leaders
- Highly developed communication skills (written & verbal)
- This full-time role is classified as a Senior Officer with an attractive salary range, dependent on experience
- Home office set up allowance
- Generous personal leave entitlements
- Training and development opportunities
- Social events, skill-sharing and networking opportunities
How to apply
Applications should include a supporting Cover Letter and Resume.
Closing date: Thursday 22nd April 2021
Yarra Valley Water is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, and strongly encourages applications from all types of people, from all walks of life. We believe diversity of thinking fosters innovation and delivers better outcomes for our customers, and we value a workforce that’s a match for our diverse community.
This position is available for Yarra Valley Water employees and external applicants.
Successful applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and agree to provide information for pre-employment checks, if required for the position (which may include police records checks).